Though Florence isnt known for its pizza, this Neapolitan joint – il Pizzaiuolo might be a proof that after all amazing pizza can be made anywhere, or at least anywhere in Italy. and since I never been to Naples yet, it is by far the best pizza I ever had. I went with the Pizza Napoli – combination of anchovies and fresh oregano (which included 2 full fresh leafs) on a thin and edge crusty dough.
for dessert I could not skip the baba au rhum which completed another amazing meal.
Running into this magnificent rainbow while riding my bicyle to red hook to check out anselmo’s coal – fried oven pizza, while the chef is doing some testing seems to be quite a rewarding experience, and a chance to enjoy specially off menu dishes like a fried calamari or an anchovies fried pizza. goes without saying the pizza is classic superb.
|Posted in||% Daily Value *|
|Tags||% Daily Value *|
|Process||% Daily Value *|
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher on lower depanding on your calorie needs
This is a pasta that really bring the idea of freshness and flavor to different level, though its consider to be more of a quick fix than a pasta I still think that this recipe would find a way to the history books. one amazing thing about it is that it would also make a legendary lunch the day after, even if its served cold.
2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
zest and juice from one lemon
extra virgin olive oil
2 8oz tuna stakes (or 2 cans of tuna drain)
14 oz of fresh pasta (I am using my home made semolina Fettucini)
8 anchovies fillets (rinsed and socked in watter for 3-4 hours)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3-4 tbsp capers (rinsed and dry)
3-4 tbsp black olives
1 tbsp paper flakes
2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
for the garnish: 1tbsp of each: flat parsley, chives, tarragon, finely chopped.
1. in a bowl mix the basil, lemon zest, a pinch of salt and the paper flakes, add the tuna and rub with extra 2 tbps of olive oil. let marinade for around 30min
2. heat 6 quarter of water in 8 quarter pan till boil and add a lot of salt.
3. in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat, add the anchovies and let them release their flavor for 5min
4. toss the garlic, olives, caper in the pan, while keep rotating the mixture.
5. add the tuna marinade to the pan, keep mixing and braking the tuna in to small chunks.
6. drop the pasta into the boiling water, asoming that you are using fresh pasta this should only cook for 3min or so.
7. add the tomatoes to the tuna pan mixture same time as the tuna in the water.
8. when the tuna is almost done, fish it and transfer it to the tuna pan. let cook for another min mixing it well with the flavors on the pan
9. serve hot or cold with the fresh herbs garnish
Easy yet sophisticated pasta with cauliflower and anchovies recipe, I had cauliflower pasta before, though I think that the strength of this practice is with in the way it follow the simplicity methods of the Italian kitchen.
1 head of cauliflower (cut into small flowers).
2 salted anchovies, rinsed and minced.
1 tomato skin peeled and finely chopped.
1 tbsp currants.
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tbsp pine nuts (lightly toasted)
2-3 saffron leaves
1 tbsp flat parsley finely chopped
1 tbsp chives finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh tarragon finely chopped
1 tsp red pepper flakes
Freshly grated caciocavallo
1 lbs of your choice pasta – I am using my home made semolina Fettucini
1. heat 6 quarter of water in an 8qtr pan till boil, and add some salt to the watter.
2. when the watter boil, cook the cauliflower in the for 10 min.
3. in a 8″ saute pan toss the tomatoes and garlic and set a side.
4. in a 3-6qtr flat pan heat some olive oil.
5. add the currants, pine nuts soffron and anchovies, stir and work around till the anchovies are begining to melt down – around 5-7 mi.
6. add the cooked cauliflower to the sauce and keep cooking while making the pasta.
7. in the boiled watter cook the pasta half done (around 5 min)
8. fish the pasta from the watter and add to the cauliflower sauce.
8. season with the pepper flakes, add the tomato mix, cover and let cook for another 3-5 min till the pasta is done.
9. serve immediately and garnish with the tarragon, parsley, chives and grated caciocavallo